Join a dynamic and fast-paced school community as the school secretary and administrative assistant to the principal. Notre Dame Academy Elementary school, located in West Los Angeles, seeks a friendly, organized, and detail-oriented self-starter to join our front office. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, be a self starter who will anticipate beyond a checklist, and have strong technology skills. This position is available beginning April 1, 2023 but would consider an applicant for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Manage student databases with outstanding technology skills (Word, Excel, Google docs, databases/SIS, social media platforms, etc.)
- Prioritize and manage time well and keep systems organized (tracking parent volunteer hours, forms etc.)
- Multi-task and think flexibly in a fast moving environment (complete daily tasks such as attendance while also attending to the phone and visitors).
- Initiate projects, give suggestions, and anticipate beyond the checklist.
- Possess strong clerical skills (Typing, copies, scanning, etc., as well as hospitality, filing, and archiving)
- Utilize discretion when handling confidential documents and information, mail, and messages.
- Demonstrate strong people skills by working well with students, parents, and faculty members with a positive attitude and growth mindset.
- Conversational Spanish is a plus!
NDA is an extremely well run school that values the importance of educators. We turn good teachers into great teachers and great teachers thrive with engaging work, leadership and other growth opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and medical benefits
- Excellent workplace culture and are committed to providing a diverse and equitable learning environment and workplace for students and employees who are Black, indigenous, and people of color.
- Check out our website: https://elementary.ndasla.org/ to learn more about what it’s like to work at NDA!
- Check out our Instagram @Instandae to see our school community in action.
- Minimum of 3 years secretarial/admin assistant experience
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Ability to be a learner and a self starter
- Technology skills and ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of archdiocese forms and reports (Census, SNOR, STAR etc.)
- Active Catholic
Notre Dame Academy Elementary School
Please send (1) a complete and professional resume, and; (2) contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Notre Dame Academy Elementary School (Los Angeles)
2911 Overland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com