St. Rose of Lima School and Parish have served the Simi Valley community for almost 60 years. We are a K-8 school who strives to provide an excellent education complemented by Catholic values in a family environment. Within this environment, we strive to work closely with parents and families. We are seeking a leader who will work in collaboration with the pastor and school staff to serve the families under our care where we ultimately strive to instill faith, knowledge, and service in the heart and minds of students through instruction, modeling, and guidance.
This position will work directly with the Pastor.
We are currently seeking a school principal who is:
- Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
- Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
- Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
- Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
- Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
- Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
- Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
- Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
- Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at St. Rose of Lima School and resume (including at least three references) to:
Fr. Joe Shea
St. Rose of Lima Parish at
Father Joe Shea at email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass an employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
St. Rose of Lima School (Simi Valley)
1325 Royal Avenue
Simi Valley, CA firstname.lastname@example.org