St. Cyril of Jerusalem School has served students and families by providing a quality Catholic education for nearly 75 years. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet founded St. Cyril of Jerusalem School in 1950 with the mission to serve “the dear neighbor without distinction” with a charism of unity and reconciliation. Our dedicated teachers and staff continue to carry on that mission by helping our students learn to Love God, Love Others, Love Self, and Love Learning.
St. Cyril of Jerusalem School is a fully accredited Pre-School through 8th grade parish Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles focused on providing a faith-filled and caring environment in which our professional skills, personal talents and the example of our lives will enable our students to grow in the following ways: spiritually, intellectually, socially, psychologically, physically, technologically, ecologically, and culturally. Within this environment, our mission will be to encourage the students to become confident, committed, self-disciplined, life-long developing Christians whose responsible participation in society will reflect their reverence for all life.
The principal will collaborate closely with the pastor and take responsibility for the day-to-day operations and spiritual leadership of the school.
We are currently seeking a school principal who possesses the following attributes:
- Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
- Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
- Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
- Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
- Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
- Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
- Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
- Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
- Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at St. Cyril of Jerusalem School and resume (including at least three references) addressed to:
Rev. Eben M. MacDonald
Please send all applications to Ivania Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject:
St. Cyril of Jerusalem Principal Position
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass an employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
St. Cyril of Jerusalem (Encino)
4548 Haskell Ave
Encino, CA email@example.com