Saint Joseph School in Hawthorne seeks a school office manager. St. Joseph School is a vibrant learning community with over 300 students in TK through 8th grade. Our office manager is charged with many tasks including record keeping of sensitive information including financial, health, school cumulative records. Duties also include communicating with parents and other stakeholders, coordinating with the office staff and faculty, and implementing fundraising and marketing initiatives. Knowledge of accounting and record keeping are necessary to complete day-to-day tasks. The ideal candidate understands the Catholic school culture, has moderate technical abilities and skills, and writes/speaks Spanish and English fluently.
The office manager is a full time, year-round position and includes medical/health benefits. Pay is commensurate with experience.
– Collecting and accounting monies from fundraising, tuition, and other sources
– Preparing and making bank deposits
– Creating and maintaining confidential student records –
– Greet visitors and coordinate parent volunteers
– Answer inquiries, provide information, and direct to appropriate personnel
– Monitor and implement school procedures including emergency and safety procedures
– Monitor and coordinate with office staff as well as faculty
– Provide back up coverage to other positions as needed
– Are punctual, timely, and keep to deadlines
– Dress and act professionally
– Maintain confidentiality
– Possess a positive attitude and maintain a welcoming demeanor
– Are confident and assertive when speaking with parents and other stakeholders
– Knowledgeable of Google apps, MS Word, spreadsheets, Gradelink, FACTS and other school information systems
– Communicate clearly both in person and written in Spanish and English
– Have the ability to multitask and are flexible with day to day tasks
– Possess college degree and experience in clerical setting (preferred)
– Have prior experience working with students and in school settings (preferred)
St. Joseph School- Hawthorne (Hawthorne)
11886 Acacia Ave.
Hawthorne, CA firstname.lastname@example.org