Bishop Garcia Diego High School seeks a reliable, team oriented, self-motivated person with attention to detail to serve in the position of school custodian. We seek a team player that can be flexible to work different schedules when needed and can be cross-trained in all areas of custodial duties in order to be of highest service to the school.
1) To daily perform routine janitorial work in the library, chapel, Administration Building, all classrooms, gymnasium, locker rooms, and all restrooms;
2) To clean, sanitize, and stock all restrooms daily;
3) To maintain classrooms on a regular schedule by: sweeping all floors, empty waste baskets, vacuum carpets;
4) To clean and wet mop the gym bleachers at times;
5) To strip, wax, and re-apply fresh wax to all floors in buildings and classrooms as needed;
6) To maintain all work stations in clean and orderly condition;
7) To assist in maintaining the Administration Building;
8) To assist the Facilities Supervisor in the performance of general maintenance work in the school complex;
9) To assist parent volunteer groups as needed;
10) To ensure availability of sufficient trash containers at all school functions;
11) To report all observable needed repairs both verbally and in writing to the Facilities Supervisor daily;
12) To secure all buildings and set alarms at the end of the work day;
13) To be cross-trained in all areas of the Facilities Management Department to ensure the highest quality of service to the school
The items listed above are general in scope and do not necessarily represent every duty that Maintenance Staff will be called upon to perform over the course of employment at Bishop Diego. Additionally, Maintenance Staff may be called upon to work a variety of shifts, duties, and areas based on business needs.
The position is part time, 20 hours per week. Bishop Garcia Diego High School offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated accomplishments.
Interested candidates are encouraged to review our school philosophy at www.bishopdiego.org. To apply for the position please provide the following to the physical mail or email address below:
• Cover Letter
• Current Resume
No Phone Inquiries Please
Attn: Mr. Kevin Petty
Bishop Garcia Diego High School
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Bishop Garcia Diego High School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School (Santa Barbara)
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA firstname.lastname@example.org