Bishop Alemany High School is seeking excellent candidates for the role of a long-term substitute Religion teacher. Candidates must be a practicing Roman Catholic with a degree in Theology. They should be compelling educational practitioners who are confident in their capacity to create and deliver a dynamic, engaging, and challenging curriculum to high school students. In addition to their teaching assignments, all teaching faculty are expected to contribute to the life of the school community.
To be considered, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter displaying their qualifications in the following areas:
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Theology, a Masters degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience teaching at the high school level.
- Experience effectively teaching and assessing an urban, culturally diverse student population.
- Candidates should have excellent writing and communication skills.
- History of collegiality and collaboration with other teachers and administrators.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning profiles.
- Innovate, creative, and flexible teaching style.
- Understanding the developmental need of students and how they learn best.
- Demonstrated and direct experience using a wide range of instructional technology tools including Zoom, Teams, Office 365, and Google.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The teacher may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Works collaboratively with the Administration to build the faith community, giving evidence of the lived Gospel values by personal example and by being an active member of their parish community.
- Adheres to all Archdiocesan and school policies and regulations, while supporting the school’s spiritual, pastoral, and educational mission.
- Builds the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate and help plan school liturgies, prayer services, and service-related activities.
- Demonstrates and effectively communicates knowledge and competency of academic and religious curriculum; ability to organize learning materials to maximize time, as well as engage and motivate students.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Bishop Alemany High School (Mission Hills)
11111 North Alemany Drive
Mission Hills, CA email@example.com