Supervisor: Director of Religious Education
Hours: 20 hours per week
Purpose and Scope:
The receptionist for the Office of Religious Education welcomes and assists visitors to the office. He/she facilitates communications and act as a minister of hospitality.
He/she provides skilled clerical services for the Director of Religious Education. Greets the public, answer questions, assist with registrations, take payments, make photocopies, provide handouts/calendars, take requests for transfer letters, maintains accurate office records, file, answers phone calls, and assists callers in a professional manner.
He/she ensures that all aspects of his/her responsibilities are carried out in a manner that effectively serves the needs of St. Mary’s Catholic Community. He/she shall carry out his/her responsibilities in a manner that reflects Catholic teaching.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Practicing and active member of a Roman Catholic parish/faith community in good standing with the Church
- Willing and able to support the mission of the Church, the Pastor, and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- Exercises independent and competent judgment in making decisions relating to job responsibilities
- Possesses strong communication, clerical, and ministerial skills. Positive, welcoming, ready to assist, able to handle conflict calmly, etc.
- Education: High school diploma required; any additional diploma will be considered an advantage
- Ministry experience / faith formation / volunteer experience would be a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Forms, and YouTube)
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Maintain standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish
• Weekly work schedule consists of twenty (20) hours per week (some weekends and evenings will be required)
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Church
Frida Ramírez, Director of Religious Education
St. Mary’s Catholic Church (Santa Maria)
414 East Church St.
Santa Maria, CA email@example.com