Summary: Greets and serves all visitors and callers to St. John Bosco High School and performs various accounting duties for the Main Office department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets all callers and visitors with a professional and cheerful attitude. Masters a very busy switchboard. Efficiently balances callers, visitors, deliveries and a myriad of other miscellaneous interruptions simultaneously.
- Provides the best customer service possible including: accurately disseminating a wide range of School information, articulating clearly in all communications whether verbal or written, and when there is opportunity, serving others beyond what is expected.
- Receives payments of cash, checks and credit cards for enrollment, tuition, summer school, bus transportation, fundraising activities and various ticket sales. Maintains multiple petty cash drawers with accuracy. Ensures that all forms received with or without payments are completed and organized. Ensures confidentiality when answering questions regarding student/parent data.
- Collects late tuition payments by calling and emailing payers.
- Enters tuition, parent and student data, with extreme accuracy, in specialized computer programs.
- Maintains the volunteer Service Hour Program with accuracy and timeliness. This task includes record keeping, heavy calling and emailing, and coordinating volunteers with administrators’ requests.
- Distributes all in-coming mail and posts all out-going mail by account. Maintains the postage meter’s funding and operation.
- Oversees in-coming and out-going fax usage ensuring confidentiality.
- Ensures the accurate distribution of payroll checks to all faculty and staff.
- Logs and distributes all package deliveries. Coordinates the grounds crew and delivery trucks to various unloading locations on campus.
- Performs filing, administrative and other accounting duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to perform detailed accounting projects with great accuracy. The individual must have superb attendance & punctuality, must be consistent, dependable and able to follow through on all assignments by the designated deadlines.
Ability to fluently speak, read and write Spanish and English. No exceptions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to all situations and to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
On an intermediate level, the individual must have the ability to utilize the Internet and Microsoft Office 2010: Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
The individual must have a High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and at least three (3) years of experience independently handling a front office and performing basic accounting.
The individual must be able to perform all physical demands of the duties and responsibilities as described above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties as described above. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use hands and to reach with hands and arms. The individual must be able to speak, hear and to see with close vision. The individual is frequently required to sit and is occasionally required to stand and walk. The individual must occasionally lean over and lift and/or move items.
The work environment is an air conditioned/heated indoor office; however, the reception window periodically exposes the individual to very hot or very cold air from the outside. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties as described above. The noise level is usually moderate.
Reports To: Office Manager
Status: Full-Time, non-exempt and hourly position for 12 months a year
How To Apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com. A cover letter is not required but appreciated.
NO PHONE CALLS.
St. John Bosco High School (Bellflower)
13640 Bellflower Blvd.
Bellflower, CA firstname.lastname@example.org