St. Lawrence Martyr is seeking a full-time Director of RCIA to form missionary disciples by overseeing the Christian Initiation process (Inquiry, Catechumen, Candidate, and Mystagogy Phases) along with the R.C.I.A Coordinator and a volunteer team, to help prepare adults, adolescents, and children to be fully received in the Catholic Church.
A. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES
* Perform administrative and supervisory duties on time, using good communication and relationship skills.
* Continue ongoing formation and educational opportunities to stay current in the RCIA ministry.
* Understand the principles and practices of Catholic ecclesial life/structure.
* Communicate effectively (verbally and written), and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, parishes, school, and the general public.
B. EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Faithful to Gospel and the Catholic church’s teaching.
* BA in Theology/Religious Education or a related educational field.
* Completion and up to date Virtus Safe Environment Program sponsored through the diocese.
* Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentational skills.
* Able to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Must have skills necessary to organize and implement large, program-wide events.
* Must be able to have flexibility in work hours.
* Working knowledge of desktop applications (Microsoft Office 365 and various web applications).
* Ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals while maintaining strict confidentiality.
St. Lawrence Martyr Catholic Church (Redondo Beach)
1940 S. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA firstname.lastname@example.org