St. Joseph the Worker School has served the children and families of the San Fernando Valley since 1958 by providing a value centered Catholic education committed to the fourfold ministry of the Church: worship, love, service and witness. While celebrating our diversity, we define ourselves as members of one Body, the Body of Christ. By affirming and modeling the values Jesus lived and taught, our school community reflects our parish’s Catholic identity. We are blessed in that our families are diverse in our culture and traditions.
St. Joseph the Worker School is a fully accredited, Transitional Kindergarten through Eighth Grade Catholic Parish School in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. We affirm that each child is unique, and, with dignity and respect, we guide each student to obtain his/her fullest potential.
The principal will work alongside the pastor of the parish but will take responsibility in the day to day operations of the school and spiritual leadership.
We are currently seeking a school principal who is:
- Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
- B. Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
- C. Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
- d. Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
- e. Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
- f. Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
- g. Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
- h. Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
- Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at St. Joseph the Worker School and resume (including at least three references) addressed to:
Rev. Fr. Beto Villalobos
Please send all applications to Ivania Rivera at email@example.com with the Subject:
St. Joseph the Worker Principal Position
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass and employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
St. Joseph the Worker (Winnetka)
19812 Cantlay St
Winnetka, CA firstname.lastname@example.org