St. John Chrysostom School and Parish have served the Inglewood community for over 90 years. We are a TK-8 school whose mission is to provide a faith-filled and caring environment in which our professional skills, personal talents and the example of our lives will enable our students to grow in the following ways: spiritually, intellectually, socially, psychologically, physically, technologically, ecologically, and culturally. Within this environment, our mission will be to encourage the students to become confident, committed, self-disciplined, life-long developing Christians whose responsible participation in society will reflect their reverence for all life.
This position will work directly with the Pastor/Administrator.
We are currently seeking a school principal who is:
• Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
• B. Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
• C. Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
• d. Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
• e. Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
• f. Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
• g. Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
• h. Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
• Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Qualified candidates should send (via email) a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at St. John Chrysostom School and resume (including at least three references) to:
Rev. Fr. Alexis Ibarra
St. John Chrysostom Parish at
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass an employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
St. John Chrysostom School (Inglewood)
530 E Florence Ave.
Inglewood, CA email@example.com