St. John Baptist De La Salle School was established in 1953 to serve the L.A. Archdiocese located in the Granada Hills area of the Northern San Fernando Valley. De La Salle School is committed to Catholic Education which instills the students with the knowledge of the Catholic faith and Christian values. At the same time, the faculty and staff strive to present a strong academic curriculum, an appreciation for the arts, an awareness of healthful living and a dedication to a life of service.
We are seeking a leader who supports the mission of nurturing and empowering the whole child through academic excellence, spirituality, and values to develop responsible active citizens and compassionate leaders of tomorrow.
Working in partnership with parents, our school leader will ensure students are united in faith and eager to carry out God’s mission in society.
This position will work directly with the Pastor/Administrator.
We are currently seeking a school principal who is:
• Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
• B. Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
• C. Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
• d. Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
• e. Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
• f. Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
• g. Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
• h. Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
• Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at St. John Baptist de la Salle School and resume (including at least three references) to:
Fr. Ramon Valera
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass and employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
St. John Baptist De La Salle School (Granada Hills)
16535 Chatsworth St.
Granada Hills, CA firstname.lastname@example.org