St. James School in Torrance has a 100-year history of faith formation and academic excellence within the parish community of St. James, Redondo Beach, and in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
The school operates with an enrollment of 240 students in Grades TK-8, with the majority of students coming from St. James parish. 80% of the students are Catholic. The Catholic Identity of St. James School is clearly expressed in its Mission Statement, Philosophy Statement, and School-Wide Learning Expectations.
This position will work directly with the Pastor/Administrator.
Catholic School Principals must seek to fulfill priorities in the following areas of the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools (NSBECS). Click here to learn more about the NSBECS
• Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview. Imagines articulate and execute an innovative vision.
• Practices critical reflection, and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
• Seeks innovative options to provide Catholic school education to all interested.
• Demonstrates solid operational vitality for financial management and planning.
• Recruits and motivates faculty to achieve educational excellence.
• Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a collaborative culture.
• Prioritizes action items in order to achieve the organizational mission.
• Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
• Values, engage, and communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders in supporting programs and opportunities.
• Ensures students are seen as people whose intellectual growth is harmonized with spiritual, religious, emotional, and social development.
• Develops, implements, and oversees academic, co-curricular, faith-formation, and service/ministry programs to educate the whole child.
• Practicing Catholic
• Minimum 5 years of teaching experience OR 3 years working at a non-profit organization in a leadership role
• Earned Master’s Degree OR State Approved Teaching Credential
• Catechetical Certification to be completed by the first two years of leadership
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St James Church/School (Redondo Beach)
124 N Pacific Coast Hwy
Redondo Beach, CA email@example.com