Elementary School Principal
Santa Clara Elementary School and Parish have served the Oxnard community for 120 years. We are a TK-8 school whose mission is as educators and learners in a Catholic community centered on Jesus Christ, we work in partnership with parents to prepare our students to become full and active members of the Catholic Church, to serve others, and to make a difference in the world.
Our commitment to the total development of the child provides students with a level of literacy and fluency that enables them to be morally responsible citizens of the world: competent, productive, contributors to the work force; and critical thinking, fulfilled individuals living in a diverse society.
Guided by the Gospel principles, we strive to integrate faith and life. We seek to complement and expand the positive values and teachings initiated in the home with emphasis on respect and responsibility using principles of spiritual, psychological, academic, physical, and social values.
This position will work directly with the Pastor/Administrator.
We are currently seeking a school principal who is:
• Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
• B. Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
• C. Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
• d. Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
• e. Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
• f. Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
• g. Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
• h. Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
• Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at Santa Clara Elementary School and resume (including at least three references) to:
Fr. Marco Ortiz
Santa Clara Parish at
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass and employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
Santa Clara Elementary School (Oxnard)
324 S. E St.
Oxnard, CA firstname.lastname@example.org