San Gabriel Mission Elementary School has served the families of San Gabriel for over 100 years. Adjacent to the historical San Gabriel Mission, it is one of California’s longest operating Kindergarten through 8th grade parish schools. Today, San Gabriel Mission Elementary School serves students in grades TK-8. It is also a highly regarded member of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles STEM network of schools. San Gabriel Mission is committed to academic excellence through standards-based curriculum, which is enriched by the Dominican and Claretian charisms of sharing the Word and the Truth of Jesus Christ.
We are seeking a dynamic, strategic thinker who is committed to best practices in STEM Learning and programs, and is passionate about partnering with our teachers, principals and students to create a high-quality program for the most vulnerable and underrepresented students. This candidate will be highly proficient in STEM pedagogy, practices and thinking in order to promote skills to succeed and integrity to transform!!
We are currently seeking a school principal who is:
• Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
• Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
• Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
• Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
• Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
• Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
• Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
• Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
• Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Commitment to STEM vision
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at San Gabriel Mission Elementary School and resume (including at least three references) to:
Fr. John Molyneux
San Gabriel Mission at:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass and employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
San Gabriel Mission (San Gabriel)
416 S. Mission Drive
San Gabriel, CA firstname.lastname@example.org