This is a brief introduction to St. Thomas More Catholic School in the hopes that it will give a deeper insight into our school. St. Thomas More School was founded in 1952 and has provided child care while working with students from preschool to eighth grade. The school provides students with faith, academics, and community service to guide them as future leaders. Fundamentally, we teach and form our students according to Catholic teachings. Weekly Eucharistic Celebration and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is the essence of students building a personal relationship with Our Lord Jesus Christ. The Catholic faith is the core of moral and spiritual life that will accompany them now and in the future. Furthermore, our academics combine traditional classroom learning with innovative teaching methods to help students think critically in all areas of the curriculum. Students are taught subjects such as science, math, English, and technology that prepare them to overcome various challenges and approach the future with confidence. Additionally, in community service, students are shown how to act compassionately and care for those in need, as guided in the gospel of Matthew 25:37-43. St. Thomas More Catholic school helps students cultivate a heart of love and kindness at home and in community outreach. In essence, the Scriptures and materials taught to students will be cultivated throughout the years to prepare them as future Catholic leaders in the world.
This position will work directly with the Pastor.
We are currently seeking a school principal who is:
• Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions.
• B. Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision.
• C. Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork. This is essential.
• d. Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates, and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items to achieve the mission.
• e. Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students.
• f. Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices.
• g. Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning.
• h. Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact.
• Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders; faculty, staff, students, and parents.
5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education is preferred
Earned Master’s degree and/or California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why you are interested in becoming the next leader at St. Thomas More Catholic School and resume (including at least three references) addressed to:
Rev. Fr. Thai Le
Please send all applications to Fr. Thai Le
firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject St. Thomas More Principal Position
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass and employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
St. Thomas More (Alhambra)
St. Thomas More Catholic School
2510 S Fremont Ave
Alhambra, CA 91803FrThaiLe@gmail.com