St. Dominic Savio School, a Salesian school, is looking for a Principal, that will ensure every child receives an excellent, Catholic School education, lead teachers, staff, and community members by creating a collaborative learning community by sharing the teaching of St. John Bosco.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS DESIRED
• Improve student achievement by nurturing excellent teaching and learning and building a safe and supportive student culture.
• Supervise students and staff.
• Use data to inform decisions about instruction.
• Distribute leadership across staff, students.
• Manage and evaluate staff using sound methods.
• Engage/Communicate with parents in student learning and site functioning.
• Develop and empower teams.
• Build trust to facilitate change.
• Plan strategically.
• Schedule and manage effectively.
• Manage personal and staff time and priorities.
• Build and maintain network of support outside the school.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to: Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university, preliminary or working towards Administrative Credential, and minimum of five (5) years teaching experience.
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• Catechist certification
• Experienced administrator in multi-cultural socio-economic challenged community
• Experienced in adaptive software curricula and data driven instruction
• Valid California driver’s license.
• Employment eligibility that may include fingerprints, health (TB) and/or other employment clearance.
• California/Archdiocesan content frameworks and standards
• Numerous, proven, successful instructional practices
• Leadership skills, management strategies and community building techniques
• Archdiocese/local policies, state and federal laws relating to minors
Ability to meet clearance criteria
St. Dominic Savio School (Bellflower)
13400 Bellflower Blvd.
Bellflower, CA firstname.lastname@example.org