- Implement and teach to the Common Core State Standards in ELA, Math, as well as other content subjects.
- Prepare, with a growth mindset, daily lesson plans with measurable objectives, procedures, and assessment.
- Design a classroom conducive to the needs of various learning styles.
- Reference STAR Data or other Data to improve instruction.
- Integrate technology throughout the curriculum.
- Create a joyful, supportive, and engaging classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another through student-centered instruction, collaboration and authentic assessment.
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Contribute to the life of the School and Parish outside the classroom.
- Participate in faculty and departmental meetings and perform various faculty supervisory duties or additional duties as needed.
The qualified candidate will support the integration of the Gospel values of Christ, and the teachings of the Catholic Church within the entire school experience. In addition, this teacher shall participate in a collaborative faculty culture and be comfortable integrating technology into the structure of classroom instruction. Flexibility and creativity in structuring classroom experiences for each student and solid classroom management practices are necessary. Candidates must be reliable and open to establishing an active partnership with parents and other faculty to maintain the family atmosphere of our school. Openness to faith, a positive attitude, and commitment to helping our school grow is critical.
The qualified candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- CA Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years classroom experience.
- Comfort and familiarity with the integration of technology into the classroom.
- Familiarity with and open mindedness regarding the practice of the Catholic Faith is a plus.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Gregory the Great School (Whittier)
13925 Telegraph Road
Whittier, CA firstname.lastname@example.org