Servite High School is an all-boys college preparatory Catholic high school in Orange County, California. Offering a world class academic curriculum, we focus on making a better world by forming the next generation of leaders with the knowledge, character and wisdom for success in college and life. The school was founded under the sponsorship of the Order Friar Servants of Mary (Servite Friars). Students are formed to grow in Christian faith as they develop the qualities of the Servite Charism: Fraternity, Service and Reverence for Mary, the Mother of God.
The President is hired by and accountable to the school’s Board of Directors, which in turn is responsible to the USA Province of the Order Friar Servants of Mary. Supported by a strong Administrative Leadership Team, the President works closely with the Principal and the rest of the team in the support of Board initiatives.
Opportunities for the President:
The President oversees all facets of the school’s operations, providing visionary and strategic leadership to staff in the areas of academic excellence, institutional advancement, enrollment management, community and donor relations, and financial growth and stability. The administration of the school is structured in a President/Principal partnership which seeks to preserve and advance the school’s exceptional educational program. As a Catholic leader, the President is to help articulate the school’s special qualities of a diverse and caring community to the broader community and help maintain and model its Servite heritage. The President is tasked with the duty of leading the school in the development of its key strategic priorities and bringing those priorities to fruition. The selected candidate will be responsible for fostering an atmosphere and professional environment of learning, achievement, cooperation and respect, all while maintaining our Catholicity and Servite charism.
The new President of Servite High School will be a visionary and energetic individual who has significant senior leadership experience in an education, financial acumen and expertise in business management. Experience in planning and overseeing capital projects to enhance facilities is desirable as well as experience in donor prospecting and fundraising. Paramount to success in this executive position is excellent leadership and communication skills that inspire collaboration from all constituent groups.
The new President should possess an understanding of the President/Principal model of administration and be comfortable working in a policy governance environment. While day to day operations of the school is the responsibility of the Principal, the President ensures that the school and its mission remain faithful to Catholic teachings and the Servite charism in all facets of its operations. The ideal candidate must be a practicing Roman Catholic with a commitment to Catholic education.
The primary mission of Servite High School is the forming of faith-filled leaders. The formation process is the intentional, systematic direction of the complete student experience toward the end of developing the whole person, body and soul, and facilitating each student’s address of the question “Who am I?”
The intent of the program is to monitor every component of a student’s experience – both inside and outside of the classroom – and ensure that each component, in its own unique way, is directed toward the development of the whole student.
The single most important element in the success of the Formation Program is a comprehensive campus climate that exposes each student to the person of Christ, drawing them to embrace Christ, love Christ, imitate Christ, live Christ, be Christ, so as to draw others to Christ.
Servite Priory System
The Servite Priory Leadership Program is a comprehensive, hands-on leadership experience intended to give students the opportunity to learn and practice leadership through peer accountability and increased responsibility in all components of the student experience.
Servite High School is committed to keeping the school affordable to the community it serves, as well as ensuring the ongoing financial resources for the development and enhancement of programs supporting the mission of the school. The President will need to provide leadership in the areas of development, fundraising and alumni relations. The President will work with the Board to develop the necessary resources to support quality programs, staff compensation and campus development. The President will take a leading role in a comprehensive advancement program, which includes strategic partnerships, fundraising, admissions, and alumni relations. The President must articulate and help the Servite High School community to understand and convey the distinctive value of Servite High School, its Catholic identity, and the outstanding academic and co-curricular programs to the greater community.
The Presidential Search Committee and the school community seek experienced candidates who are strategic and visionary thinkers, excellent communicators, and who possess the leadership skills to advance the mission of Servite High School. The President is an inspirational and energizing leader who can embrace, articulate and promote Servite High School’s vision of academic and faith excellence within the context of a Catholic community dedicated to scholarship, faith, and service. The President is a mission-focused, visionary leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated, progressive experience in an educational setting. The President has a proven track record of success in leading and managing a diverse group of senior leaders. In addition to being a strategic thinker and skillful manager, the ideal candidate will have backgrounds that include the following:
• A current understanding of directions and issues in the Catholic Church, including pastoral, social and moral dimensions of church life and the role of Catholic institutions within the Church
• Demonstrated track record of strong organizational dynamics
• Demonstrated success in developing an effective Institutional Advancement program: the successful candidate must develop a culture of philanthropy and have the willingness and commitment to be visible and to make connections with the greater Orange County community, to enhance the school’s image and reputation and to increase the level of financial support
• The executive presence and communication skills sufficient to articulate Servite High School’s
mission and educational philosophy to inspire and motivate all constituents
• An understanding of current educational issues–a visionary who knows current trends in Catholic secondary education, higher education and future workplaces that our students will enter
• A demonstrated passion for secondary education and willingness to support a culture of learning, relevance, and commitment to excellence in: academics, co-curriculars and faith formation
• A demonstrated commitment to collaboration and transparency that genuinely invites and respects the perspectives and views of others, yet is decisive when required
• The track record of success in working closely and comfortably with a Board of Governance in building a partnership in governance and leadership
• A proven record of success in working closely and comfortably with an administrative team, as well as with faculty and staff, in building a true partnership for an institution
• Possess effective, clear communications skills across a wide audience
• Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of business and the economics of running an institution with strong business management skills, including experience in HR, budgeting, public relations and marketing
• Demonstrated ability to delegate appropriately and hold staff and teams accountable to performance goals and metrics
A bachelor’s degree is required; a graduate degree preferred.
Servite High School is seeking a spiritual, faith-filled committed Catholic who will serve as its community leader and is willing to immerse himself/herself in the life of the school and who will honor and model the charism of the Friars. The successful individual will be someone with a warm and approachable presence who invites and connects easily with parents, teachers and students and is adept at drawing from the collective wisdom of the community. This individual will have a true love of and appreciation for the school’s culture and for educating young people, and will be a leader who can mentor and encourage administration, faculty and staff in a direct yet positive way. Finally, the new President’s actions and decisions will need to maintain and model the school’s Servite Catholic mission.
Application and Selection Process:
The Board of Directors has established a Search Committee tasked with recruiting and selecting the next exceptional President of Servite High School. Interested and qualified applicants should submit the following materials:
*Cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications
*Brief personal statement that includes the candidate’s vision on leading Servite High School
*Two letters of reference
*Contact information for three additional references
Information should be submitted in pdf format to: email@example.com. All submissions must be received by April 2, 2022 to be considered.
A full job description is available on www.servitehs.org/jobs
Servite High School (ANAHEIM)
1952 WEST LA PALMA AVENUE
ANAHEIM, CA firstname.lastname@example.org