Part time position – Responsible for assisting a classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of a class of children, ages 2-6 years old.
• Assisting in planning and implementing the daily and weekly programs under the direction of the teacher.
• Assisting in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
• Supervising the classroom when the teacher is out of the room.
• Helping with the general housekeeping tasks of the school.
• Assisting the teacher in any other appropriate ways, such as planning an occasional lesson.
• Maintaining professional attitudes and loyalty to the school at all times.
• Treating all children with dignity and respect.
• Assuming temporary responsibilities of teacher in the absence of the teacher.
• Handling discipline promptly and in accordance with both the state and school policy on discipline.
• Reporting to the Director any special needs or problems of individual children.
• Keeping the classroom, storage rooms, and bathrooms clean, neat and orderly.
• Supervising and insuring the safety and well-being of the children at ALL times, being alert for the needs and/or problems of the children as individuals and as a group.
• Potty training children and changing clothes when necessary.
• Working with other teachers to keep the atmosphere happy and welcoming.
A passion for working with preschool aged children. Previous teaching experience, specifically with preschoolers highly desirable. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma or GED – Must have completed 12 units of Early Childhood Education or Child Development Course Work. Must be able to successfully pass a Live Scan fingerprint clearance – Have a negative TB test result within the last year and a health screening report (form LIC 503), Whooping Cough & Measles Boosters/Vaccines – Child CPR/First Aid Certification a plus. Good communication skills. Must be willing to change diapers.
St. Bernardine of Siena Children’s Center (Woodland Hills)
24425 Calvert Street
Woodland Hills, CA email@example.com