Under the general supervision of the Preplanning Team Manager, the Preplanning Counselor provides preneed information and assistance to cemetery and mortuary patrons. In addition to the sales duties, this position may perform various services and client relations activities, while establishing and maintaining effective communication of efforts with CCM management, CCM office administrative staff and parish priests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
• Achieve goals and objectives in relation to preneed transactions to be conducted at the
Archdiocesan Catholic Cemeteries and Mortuaries.
• Sells cemetery and mortuary products and services in accordance with established sales objectives and procedures. Transactions are preneed only.
• Completes contracts and other documents as required to provide sales and customer service in accordance with the policies of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and based on the funding mechanism utilized (cash or installment sales).
• Provides the patron services in support of the primary sales responsibility. Answers questions, escorts visitors, researches client family files and records and assists client families as needed.
• Develops sales leads through personal contacts, telephone solicitation activity and group marketing activities such as parish outreach programs. Provides results for all leads to Sales Management.
• Sets appointments and makes presentations at Archdiocesan cemetery and mortuary locations and occasionally in prospective patron family homes in accordance with the goals established by executive management.
• Whenever practical, attends visitation or interment services of client families. Expresses personal interest and concern for the family and strengthens relationships for follow-up calls and appointments with extended family, friends and associates directed to preneed sales presentations.
• Attends meetings and group activities as directed.
• Maintains records of personal sales activities and performance results in the manner prescribed by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
• Refers to next level of management for any deviation from prescribed policies or procedures including, but not limited to, prices, credits, discounts, contract terms and conditions of sale.
• Addresses and resolves customer service issues in a timely manner.
• In addition to the sales duties, this position may perform various service and client relations activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous preplanning sales experience or at least 1 year sales related experience.
• Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and automobile insurance.
• Valid California life insurance license (full or limited) or ability to obtain a license within first 90 days of employment.
• Ability to travel to local sites for meetings and appointments to make presentations in client homes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Must be able to read and interpret CCM policies, procedures, contracts and customer files such as interment right records.
• Provide excellent customer service skills by responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers or members of the business community.
• Effectively present information to patron family members, co-workers and management.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Experience using lead tracking systems such as, CRM or Saleforce.
• Ability to follow multiple pending requests through to completion.
• Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
• Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages and to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
• Proficiency in data entry and reconciliation techniques.
• Ability to concentrate and complete moderately complex forms.
• Work independently with initiative and little supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Understanding of Christian Burial in the Catholic Church.
• Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and diplomacy.
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
• Requires ability to frequently lift or move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
• Ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word.
Various Location ( Los Angeles, San Fernando, Santa Barbara, Long Beach, Rowland Heights,Culver City, Pomona, Rosemead, Santa Clara, Lancaster) ()