Position: Technology Focus Program Assistant and Faculty (Full-Time)
2022-2023 School Year
Providence High School, Burbank, is a Catholic, private, co-educational, college-preparatory institution which endeavors to serve students of varied academic backgrounds. The school carries the mission of the Catholic Church within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Providence High School was founded in 1955 by the Sisters of Providence and is governed by Providence St. Joseph Health. Providence graduates are Faith-Filled Persons, Effective Communicators, Responsible Citizens, and Life-Long Learners. Providence serves an ethnically diverse student population who live within 75 different zip codes. Providence High School enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year was 500. www.providencehigh.org
Providence High School offers a unique Technology Focus Program. This is a four-year program for students interested in courses such as game programming, robotics, computer science, and technology integration. Students in the program participate in all four years of coursework through our cohort model. The Technology Focus Program provides a well-rounded overview into the many aspects of technology available to our students. The philosophy of the program is to expose students to many forms of technology, keeping in mind our duty as responsible global citizens.
It is preferred that applicants have teaching experience and a bachelor’s degree, however, expertise in the field of technology or engineering is strongly desired.
Teaching assignment will include 1-3 courses within the Technology Focus Program, however, experience with other aspects of technology and engineering is preferred. Candidate will serve as an assistant to the Technology Focus Program as well.
The candidate should be a self-starter, very knowledgeable in his/her teaching field, flexible, and passionate about educating young adults. The candidate should be committed to developing and practicing cultural competence in their role as teacher and colleague.
• The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator (speaking and writing skills), energetic, creative, enthusiastic, lifelong learner, eager to take on responsibility and learn new skills
• Preferred 1-5 years of teaching experience
• Positive attitude, ability to adapt and solve problems, can-do/growth mindset
• Self-starter, self-motivated, flexible and design thinking oriented
• Familiarity with VEX Robotics (Block, Python and/or C++)
• Familiarity with CNC machines and 3D Printers
• Professional: must always convey a positive image of the school when working with students, parents, employees, and the public.
• Ability to build rapport and interact positively with students, parents, faculty, and staff
To apply, please upload the following documents by clicking on the link listed below:
• Cover letter explaining both interest in and qualifications for the position. Specifically address your practical and philosophical approaches to teaching during the current global crisis of the pandemic.
• Resume or CV
• Names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references. References should include at least two direct supervisors.
Upload and submit your application here: https://providencehigh.formstack.com/forms/applicationdocs
No phone calls please
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skill required of employees so classified.
Work Environment: At Providence High School, equity, inclusion, and social justice are core to our mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace difference for the benefit of our students, families, faculty, and staff. Our goal is to create a diverse learning community where every employee is known, cared for, supported, and retained. As such, Providence is committed to maintaining a responsive and inclusive workplace free of discrimination, harassment, violence, and any other abusive conduct. Mindful of our mission to be expressions of God’s healing love, we employ and support people of any race, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, citizenship, or any other applicable legally protected status with all the rights and privileges generally accorded or made available to all employees of the school.
Providence High School (Burbank)
511 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, California email@example.com