To develop in each pupil an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each pupil to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of pupils in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill, agility, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each pupil’s ability.
Tues-Thurs 8am-3pm (flexible- this can be a part-time OR full-time position)
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, and individual, dual, or team sports
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state standards
- Works cooperatively with other teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and emergency procedures
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each pupil’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
- Communicates with parents, teachers, and administrators on pupil progress.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Serves as main yard duty during lunch and recess.
- Performs other duties from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
St. Jane Frances de Chantal School
12950 Hamlin Street
North Hollywood, CA 91606
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have passion for working with children
- Well-organized, highly energetic, and deeply caring
- Communicates clearly and effectively in spoken and written word
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Credential in Physical Education preferred
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St Jane Frances de Chantal (North Hollywood)
12950 Hamlin Street
North Hollywood, CA firstname.lastname@example.org