Beatitudes of Our Lord School is looking for a qualified PE teacher for TK-8 who will also act as a Social Media and Website Coordinator. Candidates must be a technologically savvy individual who can maintain our social media pages and our website. They must be dedicated, experienced and enthusiastic about the subject matter they teach. The ideal candidate, must have knowledge creating lessons that align with state and Archdiocesan standards for PE. This teacher must work collaboratively and communicate effectively with parents, staff and administration for the academic betterment of the students. It is imperative that this candidate have a positive mindset, has a knowledge of athletics, is a good Catholic role model and is highly energetic.
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS) from an accredited university/college
- A California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential and/or Master’s Degree OR working towards it preferred
- Can plan and create developmentally appropriate PE lessons and monitor safety for students in TK-8
- Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, innovation, problem-solving
- Create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another; through student-centered instruction and collaboration
- Supervise and manage students’ behaviors and needs
- Maintain student records
- Maintain and organize PE equipment and materials
- Update the school website
- Create engaging social media content
- A practicing Catholic is preferred
Interested qualified candidates, please send resumes and cover letters to Avillegas@la-archdiocese.org
Beatitudes of Our Lord School (La Mirada)
13021 S. Santa Gertrudes Ave.
La Mirada, CA firstname.lastname@example.org