Saint Rita Catholic Church in Sierra Madre seeks a weekend custodian; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Holidays as needed. The part-time Custodian is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the church, halls and grounds as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cleans assigned areas of the facility, including church, halls, rest rooms, and common areas.
• Maintains outside areas and grounds as needed or directed.
• Removes trash.
• Performs seasonal work, such as summer deep cleaning and maintenance.
• Sets up for groups and special events or activities by staff or outside usage.
• Performs general maintenance and repair tasks related to the upkeep and operation of the facility and equipment.
• Sees to the general security of the facility during shift.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education or Formal Training:
High school graduate or equivalent. Able to understand and carry out oral and written instruction in English.
One year janitorial experience. Handyman experience preferred.
Operation of floor scrubber, carpet scrubber, vacuum, and pushing cleaning cart.
Has the ability to work co-operatively with supervisors and co-workers.
Must be able to work and communicate effectively with people of different ethnicities.
Maintains a generally positive attitude.
Has read the employee handbook to familiarize themselves with pertinent policies.
Observes all church policies and procedures.
Essential Environmental Demands:
Noise; dirt and dust; odors and fumes; hazardous materials; temperature extremes.
Essential Physical Requirements:
95% Frequent standing, walking, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
5% Occasional climbing, and crawling.
95% Frequent lifting pushing and/or pulling 5 to 20 pounds.
5% Occasional lifting, pushing and or pulling 50 pounds and above.
Must be able to read and speak English.
United States (Required).
St. Rita Catholic Church (Sierra Madre)
50 E. Alegria Ave
Sierra Madre, California email@example.com