Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, seeks a part-time, experienced Theology Teacher for the 2021 – 2022 school year. Applicants should be familiar with, and supportive of, the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic high school. Candidates must either be certified or willing to work through the certification process with the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate is able to connect with students with compassion and grace at whatever stage students may be on their faith journey and help them build upon their faith as they matriculate through high school and graduate as confident young women with a solid foundation in Catholic theology and spirituality.
The position would primarily include teaching Sacred Scriptures and New Testament for freshmen but candidates should also be prepared to teach upper division theology as well.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Certification through the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
– IH is also able to assist candidates in working towards this certification
3. Prior high school theology experience
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should email the following to:
• In subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.
• Letter of Interest
• Resume reflecting educational and professional background
• Name and contact information for three professional references
• A personal essay describing applicant’s teaching/learning philosophy, especially as it would benefit young women
• Copy of college transcript and credential (at time of interview)
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org