St. Anthony High School is looking for an experienced Social Science teacher who is committed to:
– Modeling the faith life and exemplifying the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Church
– Preparing students to enter an increasingly challenging, complex, secular, and technological society with a thorough program which integrates intellectual development and promotes 21st Century Skills mastery
– Uses a student-centered approach guided by the Common Core State Standards and California History-Social Science Framework to teach a combination of possible history classes such as: US History, Psychology.
– Developing an adaptive skill-set that guides and promotes rigorous lessons
– Collaborating with colleagues within the Social Science Department and other departments on curriculum and pedagogy
– Supporting and upholding school policies
– Ongoing professional development in the fields of their subject matter and the art of teaching and learning.
– Developing in the students a greater appreciation for multiculturalism so that they can better serve the local and global community in the realization that in diversity there is dignity
– Supporting parents in their role as primary educators
– Maintaining professional standards
– Performing other duties as reasonably assigned
– Prior teaching experience in a high school setting
– Bachelor’s degree in social science and/or related field
– Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential
Submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Jose De Vera, Vice Principal. No phone calls please.
St. Anthony High School (Long Beach)
620 Olive Avenue
Long Beach, CA firstname.lastname@example.org