- Maintains parish records (e.g., members, Baptisms, First Communions, Marriages, Altar boys, etc.) on computer; posts donations; and generates routine reports, lists and labels. May also maintain such records manually.
- Gathers and compiles information and prepares lists of church members for a variety of purposes.
- Gathers and collates information, types copy and prepares bulletin for printing.
- Acts as receptionist, answering telephones and greeting visitors; uses tact and discretion when listening to parishioners in need of assistance, referring them to priests and others as appropriate.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, schedules, forms and lists from notes or handwritten drafts; composes and types own correspondence; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling.
- Assists in mailing projects by collating materials, folding and stuffing, addressing and stamping envelopes.
- Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; participates in Church activities including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities; encourages others to do the same.
- Performs related duties as required, including making bank deposits, filing and copying.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME: email@example.com
- Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically: High school graduation.
- Prior experience of at least one year as a Secretary and/ or secretarial courses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of:
- Routine office procedures and business etiquette.
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheet and database software.
- Church policies and organization.
- Typing at a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Effective verbal and written communication. For positions requiring bilingual skills, the incumbent must also be reasonably fluent in English and Spanish or other language.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands and arms.
St. Joan of Arc Church ()
11534 Gateway Blvd