DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
• Gathers and compiles information and prepares lists of church members for a variety of purposes.
• Gathers and collates information, types copy and prepares bulletin for printing.
• Acts as receptionist, answering telephones and greeting visitors; uses tact and discretion when listening to parishioners in need of assistance, referring them to priests and others as appropriate.
• Prepares a variety of correspondence, schedules, forms and lists from notes or handwritten drafts; composes and types own correspondence; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling.
• Assists in mailing projects by collating materials, folding and stuffing, addressing and stamping envelopes.
• Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; participates in Church activities including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities; encourages others to do the same.
• Performs related duties as required, including filing and copying.
Please email your resume and we will send you an application to complete.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• High school graduation.
• Prior experience of at least one year as a Secretary and/ or secretarial courses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of:
• Routine office procedures and business etiquette.
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheet and database software.
• Church policies and organization.
• Typing at a minimum of 45 wpm.
• Effective verbal and written communication. This position requires bilingual skills, the incumbent must be reasonably fluent in English and Spanish.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands and arms.
St. Matthew Chuch (Long Beach)
672 Temple Ave
Long Beach, CA email@example.com