Performs all bookkeeping duties to ensure proper maintenance of accounting records, processing of receivables and payables and preparation of routine and special accounting reports.
• Performs various routine bookkeeping and payroll duties either manually or using a computer including:
• Participates in development of annual budget; ensures expenditures throughout year comply with approved budget.
• Oversees maintenance of accurate records concerning financial transactions; ensures required Church and government reports are filed as necessary.
• Assists in preparation and presentation of financial reports as required.
• Oversees payroll, ensuring employees are paid in accordance with appropriate laws, and payroll reports are filed as necessary.
– Checking invoices for accuracy and preparing and mailing checks.
– Calculating and recording payroll deductions such as taxes,
Social Security, and insurance premiums and preparing
and distributing checks.
-Calculating and maintaining accurate balance in checkbook.
Preparing and making bank deposits; counting and depositing cash.
• Gathers and calculates data and prepares regular monthly and annual financial reports for use by parish and/or Archdiocese.
• Sets up and maintains files of accounting information.
• Types a variety of routine correspondence, schedules, forms, and lists relating to bookkeeping activities.
• Coordinates benefits issues with Archdiocesan Human Resources Department.
• Assists employees in filing for benefits (e.g., retirement, insurance).
• Maintain or update parish records, routine accounting records such as accounts payable items. Generates routine reports, lists and labels.
• Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; participates in Church activities including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities.
• Performs related duties as necessary.
Education and Experience
• Two years previous accounting/bookkeeping experience.
• High School diploma.
• BA or BS degree.
• Courses in bookkeeping.
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel and Access.
• Standard bookkeeping practices, office procedures and business etiquette.
Must fill out the application and it can be found on the website of the Archdiocese.
Please email both the application and the Resume at the same time.
St. Joan of Arc Parish (Los Angeles)
11534 Gateway Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com