As a Catholic, independent school for 6th, 7th, & 8th grade girls we seek educators who are familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic School, and who are able to collaborate with colleagues and students promoting interdisciplinary instruction in a diverse and nurturing environment.
We are searching for a passionate educator with experience teaching Math. This person needs to be open to collaborating on interdisciplinary levels with both faculty & administrators.
This is a part-time position and calls for an instructor who is able to teach both Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1 in the 7th and 8th grades.
The ideal candidate:
• is a gifted teacher of Math on multiple levels (Pre-Algebra and Algebra I)
• relies on frequent and varied assessment methods to gauge student progress and provide feedback
• enjoys the freedom and support to develop innovative teaching strategies
• is interested in teaching a variety of sports and activities
• has excellent class management, communication, and organization skills
• will collaborate with other teachers and administrators in our professional learning community
• is comfortable teaching in a technology-enhanced learning environment
• is sensitive to an academically, socially, culturally, and ethnically diverse, all-girl population
• is able to connect with students, parents, and colleagues in a professional way
• middle school teaching experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Math, Master’s degree in Math or Education preferred
• California Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential
Interested candidates should email the following to: email@example.com
1. Letter of Interest
2. Resume reflecting educational and professional background
3. Names and contact information for three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
Immaculate Heart Middle School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org