General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition:
– Cleaning and assisting with upkeep of the facilities, both interior and exterior.
– Inspecting and identifying areas of the facility in need of maintenance or repair.
– Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
– Cleaning and stock restrooms.
– Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
– Perform minor repairs.
– Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
– Collect and dispose of trash.
– Keep cleaning supplies in stock and notify the supervisor when it is time to order supplies and materials.
– Ensure doors are locked after hours.
– Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
– Performing other related duties as assigned.
– Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
– Knowledge of general maintenance procedures, including various cleaning products and safety guidelines when working with chemical cleaners in order to determine when to use them for cleaning and disinfecting of various surfaces.
– Great attention to detail in order to assist with keeping the facility clean.
– Motivated, responsible, independent and excellent time management skills.
– VIRTUS training and fingerprint clearance through the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
– High school diploma or equivalent required.
– Related experience preferred
– Prolonged periods standing and walking.
– Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
– Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Immaculate Heart of Mary School (Los Angeles)
1055 N Alexandria Ave
Los Angeles, CAkbautista@ihmla.org