Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is a Catholic, Dominican, independent, college-preparatory, day and boarding high school whose mission is to educate young women for a life of faith, integrity and truth. We are seeking a part-time learning support teacher to work with the school’s learning specialist in supporting students with disabilities (learning disorders, ADHD, autism, etc.). This teacher will serve as a resource and academic coach to students who need additional support; they will also serve as a liaison between the school, student, parents, and teachers.
An ideal candidate would be able to allow for work hours that follow the schools’ rotating block schedule. Schedule would likely be slightly irregular as classes meet every other day during rotating blocks of time. Part-time learning support teachers would likely be scheduled in 5-hour chunks of time on M/W/F, followed by Tu/Th of the following week.
1. Provide individualized educational support to students with diverse learning needs, including those with learning disabilities, ADHD, and other exceptionalities,
2. Teach two blocks of a directed study course to students in need of additional academic and executive functioning support,
3. Hold individual meetings with students in need of additional coaching to support their planning, organization, work completion, communication and self-advocacy skills,
4. Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to support the implementation of personalized learning plans for students, ensuring their unique needs are met,
5. Deliver targeted interventions and differentiated instruction to help students overcome challenges and reach their academic goals,
6. Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment where all students feel supported, valued, and motivated to excel academically.
1. Bachelor’s (required) in Special Education, Education or related field (preferred),
2. 2+ years experience working with students with disabilities within a classroom or small group setting (required) ,
3. Experience with instruction in executive functioning skills and differentiating instruction for students with learning related disabilities,
4. Excellent collaboration and communication skills,
5. Demonstrates familiarity with best practices in differentiation, implementing appropriate accommodations within the classroom, and teaching.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (La Canada Flintridge)
440 St. Katherine Drive
La Canada Flintridge, CA firstname.lastname@example.org