Bishop Amat Memorial High School seeks a part-time (three period) Spanish substitute teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. It is currently unknown how long the substitute will be needed. Assistance with lesson planning will be provided.
Bishop Amat Memorial High School is a four-year co-educational Archdiocesan Catholic high school. The mission of the school is to form a faith-filled community and to provide a quality education that addresses the needs of a culturally and academically diverse student body. The comprehensive instructional program flows from a college preparatory curriculum that empowers students to recognize their potential and to meet educational and life challenges in the future. The school, working in partnership with parents and the community, promotes education in Goodness, Discipline and Knowledge by preparing students to embrace Gospel values, to respect themselves and others, to become life-long learners, and to contribute positively to the community.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the implementation of the Mission and Philosophy of Bishop Amat High School.
- Teaches classes as assigned in accordance with the Mission of Bishop Amat High School, course outlines, departmental policies and goals, school and departmental grading policies, as well as other policies designated by the school administration or the Department of Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- Reads and assesses work assigned to students and inputs student grades in a timely manner.
- Handles routine discipline problems within the classroom and makes referrals to the Deans for serious infractions in accordance with school policies.
- Posts learning objectives in the classroom and includes them in weekly lesson plans.
- Provides both formative and summative evaluations to students as appropriate for the assigned courses taught and as determined by the academic department and instructional level.
- Keeps classrooms neat, orderly, and free of clutter. Rooms should be able to be used by other teachers who share the space.
- Interacts with administrators and colleagues professionally and collaboratively.
- Attends all departmental and faculty meetings and in-services, participates in the review of instructional materials in relevant subject areas, and provides departmental documentation specific to lesson planning and instructional level coordination as requested by the department chair.
- Is punctual at all Instructional Level meetings, Department Meetings, Integral Group meetings, Faculty meetings, Supervisory Assignments, School Masses, and Student Assemblies as required.
- Employee contractual work hours vary depending on when the classes fall in our rotating block schedule.
This is not a salaried/exempt from overtime position. The salary for this position will be $50/hour.
Candidate must embrace the mission and values of the Catholic Church and Bishop Amat Memorial High School.
- Bachelor’s degree in Spanish, or similar. Teaching experience in world language with a different major is also potentially acceptable.
- Candidates must be familiar with Common Core State Standards.
If interested in this job opening, please submit (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter with your statement of interest to email@example.com. All materials should be sent electronically.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Bishop Amat Memorial High School (La Puente)
14301 Fairgrove Ave.
La Puente, CA firstname.lastname@example.org