La Reina is a Catholic college preparatory school for young women in the tradition, vision, and educational principles of the Sisters of Notre Dame. La Reina provides a nurturing, Catholic environment of educational excellence, focused on helping young women develop into moral and self-confident leaders, who work for the transformation of individuals and society. Students are given opportunities to foster their relationship with God, to grow intellectually, to develop their individual gifts, and to be catalysts for the promotion of justice locally, nationally, and globally. Established in 1964 by the Sisters of Notre Dame, La Reina is the only private Catholic, independent, college preparatory school in Ventura County for young women in grades 6-12. La Reina values the girls’ school advantage. Every student is empowered with knowledge, creativity, and self -awareness to become her best self within the classroom and beyond. La Reina High School (grades 9-12) and Middle School (grades 6-8) is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Western Catholic Education Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
La Reina is currently seeking a part-time, professional middle school history teacher. Specific content areas include the social, cultural, and geographical histories that occurred in Europe, Africa, and Asia. It is medieval and early modern history and geography. It begins with the fall of the Roman Empire to the Age of Exploration. To be successful in int this positon one must be able to:
• Create, internalize, modify and prepare lesson plans in accordance with academic curriculum, working closely with Department Chair and Assistant Principal
• Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic skills
• Work closely with students, families and colleagues to create an environment that is supportive of student progress
• Reinforce a firm foundation for all classes and uphold classroom management techniques
• Monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies to ensure all students meet the learning objectives
• Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide your lesson plans
• Participate in school, departmental and parent meetings
• Participate in school events, activities, and programs both during and outside of regular class instruction hours.
Candidate should have a teaching credential and Bachelor’s degree, ideally in History.
Desirable – Five or more years teaching middle school history, master’s degree in History or similar field. Experience teaching or coaching students at the middle school level.
Prior teaching in a Catholic educational setting is strongly preferred.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com addressing your background and experience. Write “History Teacher” in the subject line of your email.
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications, education, and experience.
Learn more about our community at www.lareina.com
La Reina provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
La Reina (Thousand Oaks)
106 W. Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA firstname.lastname@example.org