ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Founded in 1955, Don Bosco Technical Institute is a private not-for-profit high school located in Rosemead, CA. The school is currently the only fully integrated Catholic, college preparatory, and engineering-science-technology focused school in the United States. We currently seek a Part-Time High School Level English Instructor who will prepare student instruction in all levels of college-preparatory English classes, including honors courses.
- Prepare and execute detailed, age-appropriate lesson plans which will include subject matter content, multiple instructional modalities, hands-on activities and varied assessments.
- Effective and focused classroom management and student engagement in courses and sections taught.
- Use MS Windows Office suite programs as well as Google Education suite to enhance student learning.
- Showcase agility and flexibility in a classroom setting; teaching multiple courses and sections of English.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preference will be given to bearers of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English is required.
- A background in teaching English is preferred.
- A valid California teaching credential is preferred.
- Experience teaching guided by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) is preferred.
- Effective organizational skills are a must, as are excellent oral and written communication skills, and being comfortable speaking in front of groups of people.
- Collaborative work skills are essential, as well as being open to new ideas and learning.
Salary is determined by education level, work experience, and based on the faculty salary scale.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current résumé to:
School website: www.boscotech.edu
Don Bosco Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don Bosco Technical Institute (Rosemead)
1151 San Gabriel Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770TechHR@boscotech.edu