- Performs reception and routine clerical duties, provides secretarial and administrative support to Pastor, Associate Pastors, Business Manager, and designated parish staff.
- Acts as a receptionist, greeting visitors and notifying the appropriate person of their arrival; uses tact and discretion when listening to parishioners in need of assistance, referring them to priests and others as appropriate.
- Performs routine clerical duties as requested such as simply typing letters or memos requested by Pastor, Business Manager.
- Actively supports philosophy and goals of the church; participates in church activities including attending events; assists with ministries and other activities as requested by the Pastor or Business Manager.
- Maintains parish records (e.g. baptisms, marriages. confirmation 1st. communion.) on computer; may generate reports, lists, and labels. May also maintain such records manually.
- Gather and collates information, type copies, and prepare bulletin inserts.
- Performs related duties as required, collects and issues receipts of all payments.
- Provide general secretarial duties, including scheduling mass intentions and providing requested copies of sacramental certificates.
- Supports personnel and volunteer members in a courteous manner as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual – strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish languages including correct grammar, spelling and clarity
- Two years of experience as office assistant/receptionist
- Courteous, friendly, and professional manner with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates confidentiality, tact, patience, and diplomacy with ability to handle sensitive calls and situations and refer them appropriately
- Proficient with Microsoft Office & Google Workspace Apps
- Knowledge of Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines, work harmoniously and cooperatively with other staff
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work. Individuals are expected to affirm the dignity of the human person and the values of diverse cultures, races, and socioeconomic groups within their respective self-understandings by utilizing human, spiritual, theological, and pastoral approaches proper to each culture.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Paul Catholic Church (Los Angeles)
1920 So. Bronson Ave
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org