- Performs reception and routine clerical duties, provides secretarial and administrative support to Pastor, Associate Pastors, Director of Administration, and designated parish staff.
- Acts as a receptionist, greeting visitors and notifying the appropriate person of their arrival; uses tact and discretion when listening to parishioners in need of assistance, referring them to priests and others as appropriate.
- Performs routine clerical duties as requested such as simply typing letters or memos requested by Pastor, Director of Administration and other Ministry Directors, and folding and stuffing envelopes.
- Actively supports philosophy and goals of the church; participates in church activities including attending events; assist with ministries and other activities as requested by the Pastor or Director of Administration.
- Maintains parish records (e.g., new member registrations, baptisms, marriages. altar servers, etc.) on computer; may generate reports, lists, and labels. May also maintain such records manually.
- Gathers and compiles information and prepares lists of Church members for various purposes.
- Gathers and collates information, type copies, and prepare bulletin inserts.
- Performs related duties as required, collects and issues receipts of all payments.
- Provide general secretarial duties, including scheduling mass intentions and provides requested copies of sacramental certificates.
- Supports personnel and volunteer members in a courteous manner as needed.
- Limited typing (25 wpm) sufficient to type envelopes, forms, labels and short correspondence.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills sufficient to answer telephones, take messages, follow instructions, file or locate documents.
- Manual skills to assemble materials, stuff envelopes, file, operate copy machine and computer for data entry; knowledge of current word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Familiarity with data entry on a computer.
- Knowledge of standard office methods and business etiquette.
- Knowledge of church policies and organizations.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St Denis Catholic Church (Baldwin Park)
14219 Calais St
Baldwin Park, CA firstname.lastname@example.org