Principal Duties for First Communion Coordinator
1. Coordinates the preparation of 3rd grade and older students (Sacramental Catch-Up program) for First Communion (including online) and First Penance.
2. Provides support to the children and families during their preparation period including materials, meetings and training.
3. Coordinates the collection of registrations and baptismal certificates from parents whose children are in Sacraments of Initiation program.
4. Main contact for inquiries for First Holy Communion.
5. Maintains calendar of all Sacramental events pertaining to First Penance and First Holy Communion.
6. Coordinates First Communion catechist and volunteer schedules
7. Oversee the planning and be lead coordinator for 1st Rec/1st HC masses
8. Coordinate with the Parish Secretary on Printing certificates and the Documentation of the reception of sacraments under Archdiocese policy.
9. Coordinates 2 VIRTUS workshops per year for parents and children in sacramental programs.
1. College Degree or Completed the ADLA Catechist Training and experience with Sacramental preparation
2. Practicing Catholic in full communion with Catholic Church
3. Energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented
4. Good organizational and problem–solving skills
5. The ability to prioritize and multi task to meet deadlines
6. Works well with others and maintains strict level of confidentiality
7. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
8. Follows the Archdiocesan policies under the direction of the Pastor/Administrator
St. Anselm’s Parish (Los Angeles)
2222 W. 70th Street
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org