Notre Dame High School, a Holy Cross school in Sherman Oaks, seeks a part-time English substitute for the start of the 21-22 school year beginning immediately. The position reports to the Chair of the English Department and the administrative team of Principal and Vice Principals.
The English Department of Notre Dame High School, in accordance with the Holy Cross educational philosophy that seeks the formation of the whole person, has established a curriculum that produces graduates who are critical and considerate thinkers, speakers, and writers.
Essential Job Functions
The ideal candidate will
- Demonstrate passion and expertise in the teaching of analysis and argument with experience in a college-preparatory environment.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective communication and collaboration.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standards-based lesson-planning and pedagogy.
- Incorporate technology in the classroom as a strategy to engage learners.
- Differentiate learning to reach a variety of student learning styles.
- Engage in the life of the school community through presence at school Masses, assemblies, rallies, class retreats, sporting events, visual and performing arts events, etc., as well as supervisory responsibilities during the school day and some evening and weekend events.
Education and Qualifications
- B.A. in English with a Credential and/or Masters in English/Education (preferred).
- Experience in teaching high school English (desired).
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to Mrs. Shannon Kobielusz: email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until the position is filled. The selected candidate must pass an employment background check and all required trainings and certifications.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA firstname.lastname@example.org