Are you interested in helping people learn more about the Catholic Faith? Would you like to journey with those who wish to become Catholic? Are you ready to answer God’s call to “Go…and make disciples…” (Mt 28:19-20)? This part-time position may be just what you are seeking!
The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in downtown Los Angeles is looking for a PART-TIME COORDINATOR OF RCIA & ADULT CONFIRMATION.
Job duties include, but are not limited to,
- In consultation with pastor, executes RCIA/RICA processes in English and Spanish and the Adult Confirmation Program, including, but not limited, to pastoral planning, program design, class structure and curriculum
- Oversees recruitment, training, and assigning of formation teams
- Teaches classes and maintains accurate records in collaboration with the Liturgy Department’s sacramental record keeping
- Schedules classes and rites in consultation with the pastor and in collaboration with the liturgy staff, coordinates facility usage and parking issues with appropriate staff
- Offers pastoral and spiritual direction to all constituency and candidates involved in both programs
- Evaluates needs of the RCIA/RICA & Adult Confirmation office on an annual basis, preparing budget, maintaining inventory and ordering supplies and textbooks
- With support of Cathedral Communications Director, oversees promotion and advertisement of RCIA/RICA and Adult Confirmation Programs, creating content, design, and schedules for website, social media, bulletin, and parish-wide communications.
- Baptized, fully initiated and practicing Roman Catholic
- Highly motivated and creative self-starter with positive attitude and team player approach
- Ability to be flexible with time commitments and scheduling. Weekend work required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: bilingual English/Spanish required
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, ability to motivate participants, co-workers and volunteers
- Certification as a Master Catechist
- Minimum five years experience in Adult Faith Formation, ministry, parish work or related field.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the area of pastoral theology, theology, ministry, religious studies or related field preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressing your qualifications and availability for this position at the Cathedral. Write “RCIA – ADULT CONFIRMATION” in the subject line of your email and send to email@example.com
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels (Los Angeles )
555 W Temple St
Los Angeles , CA firstname.lastname@example.org