St. Luke the Evangelist is seeking a P/T Confirmation Coordinator to enhance the ministerial leadership of our faith community. This position requires a willingness to interact with youth, the ability to pray and walk with them, and imparting the treasure of the Catholic faith. The Coordinator will serve as a member of the parish staff with primary responsibility for the development and growth of a comprehensive program of Confirmation for first- and second-year students.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic, excited about sharing the Gospel with young people.
- Skill and energy needed to build up the programs after decline from the pandemic.
- Live in such a way as to be consistent with the moral teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Submit to a confidential background investigation through the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- Complete the Virtus Protecting God’s Children Program for Adults.
- Possess or in process of obtaining catechist certification through Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- Bilingual-English & Spanish written and oral. Desired, but not necessary
- Design and track Confirmation requirements up to and including the Confirmation Rite.
- Plans and implements all aspects of Confirmation Retreats.
- Organizes and leads parent informational meetings, prayer gatherings, etc.
- Takes lead in recruiting, training, and managing a team of volunteers.
- Communicate regularly with Pastor, DRE, parish staff.
Submit cover letter and resume to
Barbara Hansen-Director of Religious Education at: Barbara@stluketemplecity.org
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St Luke the Evangilist (Temple City)
5605 Cloverly Ave
Temple City, CA 91780Barbara@stluketemplecity.org