St. Lawrence Martyr is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented bookkeeper who is responsible to performing various routine bookkeeping and payroll duties. Position is part time, approximately 15 hours per week.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Checking invoices for accuracy and preparing payment by check or electronic funds transfer.
• Maintaining accounting ledger in QuickBooks Desktop using double-entry bookkeeping to enter receipts and disbursements, including monthly reconciliations with bank statements.
• Entering bank deposits from multiple sources
• Sets up and maintains files of accounting information.
• Types a variety of routine correspondence, schedules, forms, and lists relating to bookkeeping activities.
• Participates in development of annual budget; ensures expenditures throughout year comply with approved budget.
• Oversees maintenance of accurate records concerning financial transactions; ensures required Church and government reports are filed as necessary, including 1099 documents.
• Records bimonthly Payroll Journal Entry based on data from outside payroll processor.
• Maintains confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2+ years bookkeeping experience.
• College Degree preferred.
• Standard bookkeeping practices, office procedures and business etiquette.
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, and QuickBooks Desktop.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Able to multi-task, prioritize work, meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate with Pastor, CPA, Business Manager and Parish Finance Council
• Excellent data entry skills
• Proficient in Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to communicate complex data in a clear way.
• Exceptional organization skills
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Customer service skills
• Payroll accounting skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Lawrence Martyr (Redondo Beach)
1940 S. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA email@example.com