Provides secretarial and administrative support to the Pastor, the Business Manager and to designated parish staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
• Maintain regular, reliable, and punctual attendance, work evening and/or weekend hours as assigned.
• Maintains parish records.
• Gathers and compiles information and prepares lists of church members for a variety of purposes.
• Acts as a receptionist, answering telephones and greeting visitors; uses tact and discretion when listening to parishioners in need of assistance, resolving calls when possible and referring them to priests and others as appropriate.
• Composes and types a variety of correspondence, schedules, forms and lists from notes or handwritten drafts; composes and types own correspondence; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling.
• Assists in mailing projects by collating materials, folding and stuffing, addressing and stamping envelopes.
• Manages and prepares parish calendar for use of facilities, events, fundraisers and sales
• Drafts weekly duty schedules for Priests
• Prepares church announcements
• Schedules celebrations
• Maintains all files for Pastor
• Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; assists with ministries and other activities.
• Listen to the customer queries patiently and solve it. If the problem doesn’t seem to solve, then forward the problem to the superiors.
• Performs related duties as required, including filing and copying.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Strong knowledge of office administrative tasks and office equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bilingual Spanish/English
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Provide excellent customer service skills by responding to common inquiries or complaints from community members, co-workers or parishioners.
• Effectively present information to parishioners, co-workers and management.
• Ability to follow multiple pending requests through to completion.
• Work independently with initiative and little supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
• Requires ability to frequently lift or move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, and resume to Sandra Landeros, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Lady of the Rosary Church (Paramount)
14815 Paramount Blvd
Paramount, CA email@example.com