To assist the Director of Operations and Administrative Assistant in executing the parish’s essential work in servicing our parishioners in a timely, efficient, respectful and professional manner.
Ministry of Parish Office Operations
• Answer phones and greet visitors in a welcoming and engaging manner.
• Retrieve messages and return phone calls and emails in a timely manner as required.
• Greet and connect with parishioners in-person in a hospitable manner.
• Serve as a courteous informational resource for parishioners.
• Schedule appointments as requested.
• Assist in ordering food, set up, clean up, and ambiance for Parish Office experiences (including but not limited to priests’ penance dinner, etc.).
Organizing to Advance the Kingdom of God
• In-take registration information for families interested in becoming parish members.
• File essential documents for the Director of Operations and team members as requested in a timely manner.
• Update and maintain parish visitor record sheets.
• Process Mass intention requests and associated donations according to guidelines.
• Maintain fee record log and payments following internal control guidelines.
• Order and maintain office supplies.
Collaborate with and Support the Parish Office Ministry in fulfilling the mission:
• Provide back up for Administrative Assistant.
• Serve as resource in filling administrative gaps in accomplishing work tasks as needed.
• Assist in preparing necessary letters in a timely manner.
• Timely follow up and close out of pending files as appropriate and filing as applicable.
• Shred expired confidential and financial documents according to guidelines.
• Assists with various bulk mailings: printing/copying of letters and envelopes.
• Mail correspondence as needed.
• Drive to post office or stationery stores to purchase supplies or deliver and pick up/drop off equipment as required.
• Assist in brainstorming and creative thinking to simplify office producers to positively impact our parishioners.
• Cover the phone and desk during staff meetings.
• Consistently and reliably execute responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Exercise discretion – practice and maintain confidentiality, and healthy ministry boundaries.
Education and Experience
To perform effectively in this position, the selected candidate should demonstrate skills, knowledge and ability that are the result of high school graduation and courses or training in standard desktop applications and office procedures.
• Typing speed sufficient to meet production requirements (minimum of 40 wpm).
• Office procedures and business etiquette.
• Proficient in English communication, written and oral, grammar and punctuation. Bilingual (desired).
• Organization, flexibility, and creative thinking.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility in changing tasks/duties in a moment’s notice.
• Archdiocesan policies and organization (desired).
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Maintain composure under pressure.
• Sit for sustained periods of time daily and sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
• Occasionally lifts approximately 25 pounds.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Church (Santa Clarita)
22508 Copper Hill Drive
Santa Clarita, CA firstname.lastname@example.org