POSITION: PARISH DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION / RCIA COORDINATOR
SUPERVISED BY: Pastor/ Business Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent Part Time, Non- exempt
The DRE and RCIA Coordinator Is responsible for the parish total religious education Program. Carries out and implements archdiocesan guidelines as designed for children, youth, adults including theological, catechetical aspects. Provides quality religious education in a nurturing, faith-filled environment. Assists parents and children to grow in their love for God and the knowledge of their Catholic faith, and develop their God-given gifts and talents.
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the church in performing their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job efficiently and effectively an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
• Heads the Parish Faith Formation team. Conducts periodical meetings for planning and evaluation of the effectiveness of religious programs of the parish.
• Sets goals for the religious education program.
• Oversees the Religious Education Program from Kindergarten to High School and the Confirmation Program.
• Oversees budget for RE, RCIA and Confirmation program.
• In charge of the RCIA program for Children and Adults.
• A member of Safeguard the Children team. Attends meetings of the committee.
• Handles the registration of students. Organizes registrations and schedules for children-student baptisms (children above 6 years old.)
• Develop yearly class curriculum and yearly calendars for RCIA and Rel. Ed. Plan,
Safeguard the Children Lessons.
• Determines the content of the program (methodology, texts, liturgy, etc.) in accordance with the Archdiocesan Office of religious Ed guidelines/directives.
• Offers team building events and retreats as necessary.
• Conducts recruitment for volunteer catechists. Enlist/coordinate/retain catechists, parent volunteers, and peer leaders for the program.
• Maintains current sacrament records for the parish files. Keeps lists, records. of each student.
• Sees that volunteers attend formation courses, congresses, in-services, etc. Annual Regional Congress and the Religious Education Congress (Anaheim); other certification programs to assure that catechists are qualified.
• Conducts recruitment programs for volunteers.
• Plans catechists commissioning.
• Informs and reports the progress of programs to the Pastor as necessary.
• Develop parent catechesis lessons and Provide catechist copy of catechesis syllabus.
• Organizes yearly Penance and First Holy Communion retreats.
• Prepares liturgy for First Penance and First Holy Communion.
• Prepares certificates for sacrament receptions.
• Participates in parish activities (parish festival, fund raising events and social events).
• Maintains contact with the Archdiocesan Office of Religious Education and other related office of the archdiocese.
• Attends parish staff meetings as appropriate
• Performs related duties as required.
Certification as a Master catechist through the advance catechetical ministries (ACM) program.
• Two to three years of recent catechetical experience.
• Competed Basic Faith Formation Series including catechist specialization, on-going catechesis updates.
• A record of attendance at Diocesan workshops and seminars for ongoing education.
• Certified Virtus Trainer
• Fingerprinted and current with Virtus training
• Management experience with direct reports
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Conflict resolution skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Publisher)
• Proficient in creating and managing Zoom meetings
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proficient in English and Spanish language
• Computer Literate: hands on to operate Laptop, desktop computer, Hotspot (Archdiocese)
• Able to operate Photo copier
• Practicing Catholic
• Strong understanding of Catholic faith, traditions, and liturgy
St Linus Catholic Church (Norwalk)
13915 Shoemaker Ave
Norwalk, Ca email@example.com