Under the direction of the Business Manager, the bookkeeper is responsible for processing the day-to-day financial transactions of the Parish. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate records of all payables and receivables, daily financial entries and reconciliations.
- Reviews and processes invoices and check requests for payment, enters transactions in QuickBooks. Collect and keep file of W9’s for all relevant vendors. Maintain files of all payables.
- Prepares batch summaries for all deposits, updates Parish Online Giving and ParishSoft donor databases and enters transactions in QuickBooks.
- Prepares monthly file extract of Online Giving data and import / posting to ParishSoft database.
- Assists in year-end preparation and mailing of donor tax statements, with a focus on accuracy and completeness.
- Assists the Business Manager in the preparation of documents for the monthly close, bi-monthly Parish Finance Council meetings and any Parish presentations.
- Coordinates and ensures compliance with document retention policies.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy vendor files.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by the Business Manager.
The ideal candidate has bookkeeping, payroll and administrative experience in an office setting, is friendly and helpful, is detailed and organized, enjoys having a variety of responsibilities, and appreciates the challenge of helping the busy parish office run smoothly.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Management or other related fields
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a general bookkeeping or accounting functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge and experience with ParishSoft Suite and Online Giving desirable
- Bilingual, desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Strong oral and written communication with diplomacy and professionalism
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize
- Problem assessment and problem-solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Flexible and adaptable
- Customer service orientation
- Professional appearance and cooperative approach
- Able to maintain a neat, clean, and safe work area
- Willing to assist others and work as part of a team
- Friendly and approachable attitude with coworkers and visitors
- Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping and walking
- Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hand and arms
SUPERVISED BY: Parish Business Manager
PAY GRADE: Hourly
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
St. John Eudes Parish (Chatsworth)
9901 Mason Ave
Chatsworth, CA firstname.lastname@example.org