The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels is looking for a part-time Operations Assistant who will work directly with the Cathedral Volunteer Coordinator to support the pastoral ministry of the Cathedral and to ensure smooth and efficient Cathedral operations.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Volunteer Coordinator in recruitment, support, record-keeping, and development of Cathedral volunteers, assisting with orientation, training, and supervision of volunteers for Cathedral liturgies, as well as volunteers supporting Cathedral offices and departments.
- As directed by Volunteer Coordinator, provides administrative and clerical support to Cathedral Departments. Work is generally varied, short-cycled, task oriented and requires the exercise of judgement and discretion using knowledge of the Cathedral mission and organizational policies and personnel.
- Supports compliance with Safeguard the Children and Virtus requirements.
- With support of Cathedral Communications Director, assists in developing material and content for Cathedral website, social media posts, e-blasts, as related to Volunteer Department and to other Departments as assigned.
- Participates in staff activities and meetings, and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to be flexible with time commitments and scheduling. Weekend work required.
Job Qualifications include:
- Creative self-starter with positive, optimistic attitude
- Knowledge of Catholic faith, rituals and traditions
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer, database, social media, report generation skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines, work harmoniously and cooperatively with other staff.
- Well-organized, flexible and able to manage different projects concurrently and often under pressure; able to set priorities and manage time effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in work or ministry in a Catholic Church environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or the equivalent in education and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressing your qualifications and availability for this position at the Cathedral. Write “Operations Assistant-Volunteers” in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels (Los Angeles)
555 W Temple St
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com