The Office Manager is a full-time position that reports to the Principal and Vice Principal Administrative Team). This position is temporary, starting in October 2022 part-time, and moving full-time in January for maternity leave coverage. The work hours are M-F 7:30am-3:30 On occasion, this position will require some extended hours, nights and/or weekend attendance to events like Open House, school mass, etc.
The Office Manager is responsible for greeting, guiding, and supporting all who come into the office including parents, teachers, staff, administrators, students, and visitors. The Manager provides administrative support to the Principal and Vice Principal. Candidate should have a positive demeanor, being friendly, outgoing, and a team-player is key, as you are often the face (and voice) of the school.
Essential Job Functions:
• Answer all incoming calls, voicemails, transfer, and take messages on a wide variety of topics.
• Greet visitors, parents, students, and guests and directs them as necessary.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Receive UPS, Federal Express, USPS, etc. boxes: notifies recipients, and coordinates delivery and/or pick up.
• Maintain confidential student and staff records.
• Maintain records for field trips and field trip permissions slips, files, returns.
• Assist with projects (events, staff meals, etc.) as directed by the Administrative Team.
• Assist students who are sick.
• Monitor and order office/teacher supplies.
• Coordinate tours and new parent inquiries.
Candidates who apply for this position must realize that they are working in an elementary/middle school setting so they will be expected to relate to the faculty, staff, students, and parents in a professional manner. Our ideal candidate will be motivated, enthusiastic and team oriented. S/he will respond to students reasonably and with loving kindness, collaborate well with teachers and administration, and communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
• Ability to establish and maintain accurate classroom/student records and files.
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully in both oral and written forms.
• Ability to operate standard office and instructional equipment as appropriate to area of assignment such as copier, laminator, filing, shredder.
• Ability to remain calm and patient in stressful situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective work relationships with school staff, parish office, and parents.
• Ability to welcome and guide new families through the application and registration process.
• Must be tech savvy and be willing to learn new programs (Gradelink, ParishSoft, Schoolspeak, etc.).
• Knowledge of Office Suite (Microsoft, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite (Calendar, Drive, etc.)
High School Diploma
VIRTUS Safe Environment Training certified
Live Scan fingerprinting
Interested applicants should submit:
Cover letter, current resume, and 3 professional references (contact information for 3 recent references) to email@example.com.
Holy Angels School (Arcadia)
360 Campus Drive
Arcadia, CA firstname.lastname@example.org