DEPARTMENT: School Office
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt
Our Lady of the Rosary School, located in Paramount, seeks an energetic and faith-filled office manager with a strong work ethic and outstanding interpersonal skills to join our office team. The candidate will also provide secretarial and administrative support to the Principal and designated school staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because all School employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work. The office manager realizes the school’s mission in a Catholic faith-filled environment.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully, an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
- Acts as a receptionist, answering telephones and greeting visitors; uses tact and discretion when listening to parents, etc., in need of assistance, referring them to the Principal, teachers, and others as appropriate
- Maintains school records on the computer; posts tuition, fundraising, other fees donations, etc.; and generates routine reports, lists, and labels. You may also maintain such records manually.
- Maintains school calendar; arranges and coordinates meetings and appointments and appointment schedules. Helps coordinate school activities and events.
- Operates computer to enter data, format, and generate reports using standard software.
- Types various correspondence, schedules, forms, and lists from notes or handwritten drafts; composes and types own correspondence; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling. Translation of letters and forms into Spanish
- Performs related duties as required ordering supplies, making bank deposits, filing, and copying. • Acts as a liaison between the Principal and their subordinates to ensure they accomplish work projects as planned. • Acts as an information source on school policies and procedures; interprets data and events; may develop new clerical methods to handle data and document procedures as necessary.
- Open the mail and gives it to the Principal
- Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church and School; participates in Church activities, including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities; encourages others to do the same.
- Ability to accept increasing responsibility as delegated by the school’s Principal.
- Collect money and gives receipts for all incoming money
- Gathers and collates information, types copy, and prepares school bulletin for printing.
- Communicate using SchoolSpeak /Educate to send text blasts and emails to parents
- Schedules parent conferences by following procedure (encourage appointment rather than walk-ins)
- Record keeping and coordination of tuition accounts, TADs payment, CEF, fundraising, donations, and service hours.
- Assists and collects money for tardies, student activities, lunch, sports, field trips, etc
- Registers new and returning families
- Keeps to-date student records: files, cumulative cards, report cards, attendance, legal documents, etc. • Coordinates student records between schools. Official transcripts are sent to schools only. • Keep the class list updated, delete transfers
- Administer basic first aid and care to students in need.
Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- High school graduation.
- Prior experience of at least one year as a Secretary and secretarial courses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Routine office procedures and business etiquette.
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of current word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Church and School policies and organization.
- Typing at a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Office: Word, Publisher, and Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication. For positions requiring bi-lingual skills, the incumbent must also be reasonably fluent in English, Spanish, or other languages.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively with students in the school and all members of the school staff • • Occasionally lift to 20 pounds.
- Sit for sustained periods daily.
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
Submit resume and cover letter.
A list of professional references with telephone numbers; written reference letters may also be provided.
Please submit the requested information to
Vanessa Rivas, Principal
Subject: Office Manager Position
To access additional information about Our Lady of the Rosary School, please visit Rosary’s website: www.olrcatholicschool.com
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Our Lady of the Rosary School (Paramount)
14813 Paramount Blvd.
Paramount, Ca firstname.lastname@example.org